Lavabit Reloaded

Dark Internet Mail Environment - Discussions
KlassikElektronik

Lavabit Reloaded

Post#1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 am

Awesome news! I wasn't sure because https://github.com/lavabit/libdime has had its last commit on Jul 7, 2016. Have you been developing in a private branch? Not sure I'm going to register an account on lavabit.com because it's going to become quite a target, especially if Snowden is going to recommend it again. I'd much rather setup my own and am wondering if that git branch is at the latest stage and if the setup readme is easy enough for beginners (well, in that context) to follow.

On this 33c3 it was mentioned again how important meta-data is. It can kind of tell everything about oneself and the person one is communicating with, the encrypted messages do not even matter (well, we know that famous quote "we kill based on meta-data", but the congress videos highlighted/explained it again (not sure which video(s) it was again, I watched quite a few and can't remember, but may could find it again looking at the titles)).
Roman Empire died bot because of lead pipes (Calc layer resulted very fast and protected), but it died because of its moral. Many people who sold themselves and their people out regretted it forever. What is money compared to the future of your people.

Klaus_Karstensen

Re: Lavabit Reloaded

Post#2 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 pm

On Twitter Ladar said:

Ladar Levison ‏@kingladar 20 Std.vor 20 Stunden

#Lavabit The website is live, but it will take another day or so to finish deploying magma, and get the latest code into Github.

Looks like a private branch to me

Return to “DIME”